Harmony

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Dec 6 16:10:33 CET 2007

On 30.11.2007 16:21, Richi Plana wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 09:20 +0100, Pix wrote:
>> I understood that z00dax of centos.karan.org was in RPM repo.
>> Funny thing is i'm hosting centos.karan.org just on the same server as
>> rpm.livna.org and upcoming rpmfusion repo :)
>> He's a good m8, if you want i can ask him to join/talk with us ?
> That'd be great!

In case anybody wonders: Pix tried that:

[...]
14:23:26 <@     z00dax> | rpmfusion is a waste of time :D
[...]
14:23:39 <@     z00dax> | its just an extention of the stupid fedora mindset
[...]
14:23:52 <@     z00dax> | so, as far as i am concerned, its a waste of time
[...]

This is a free world and forking or having multiple concurrent projects
doing similar things is IMHO a important thing in the open source world
and nothing bad.

So I'd say let's respect z00dax's and other peoples opinions (¹) and doings
and continue with RPM Fusion as planed (²). Maybe sooner or later
a cooperation evolves and a bit later there is another merger.

(¹) -- reminder: please never ever call the guys from rpmrepo (or other repos)
stupid or something similar. The people there are important part of the
community and do a lot of good work. It's afaics normal in life that different
groups of people have different options and goals; RPM Fusion and rpmrepo
are just examples for that IMHO.

(²) -- ixs and I are working on setting up FAS atm, which should give us
the auth stuff for the look aside cache, so then we should be able to
use CVS and finally start