totem-xine providing totem?

Stewart Adam s.adam at diffingo.com
Thu Dec 13 01:59:35 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 08:16 -0700, Richi Plana wrote:
> Could totem-xine provide totem so that apps needing totem can be
> satisfied with having totem-xine? Or should those apps require something
> different? Say /usr/bin/totem?
>
> This is actually addressed more to the Livna maintainers where I'm
> getting my packages from, but if RPMFusion has decided to adopt
> another's package, that's good as well.
> --
>
> Richi Plana

If all goes well we won't have a need for totem-xine as there's
work being done upstream to make the engine selectable at runtime,
but until then I think we shouldn't do this. We don't want
totem-xine to replace base any Fedora packages (which is what it comes
down to if it is being pulled over the Fedora package to satisfy
dependencies).

Regards,
Stewart