[RPM Fusion] Update of "Wishlist" by MichaelSchoenitzer

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Dec 19 13:00:12 CET 2007

On 19.12.2007 12:45, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2007/12/19, RPM Fusion Wiki <noreply at rpmfusion.org>:
>> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "RPM Fusion" for change notification.
>> The following page has been changed by MichaelSchoenitzer:
>> http://rpmfusion.org/Wishlist?action=diff&rev1=25&rev2=26
>> The comment on the change is:
>> +2 Packages
>> +
>> +   Request: CDemu
>> +   Grounds for inclusion: Having libtrash installed you won't lose file anymore, while working on the terminal (and in any GUI).
> I'd like to know why these two cannot go directly into Fedora.

For the first one it's obvious: kernel-module

but yeah, for the second one the same question came to my mind.

> I'd
> like to remember that the "Grounds for inclusion" filed is not used to
> specify some sort of motivation for packaging the software but _why
> this package is not eligible as a regular Fedora package_.

I first wanted to write a similar mail, but then I choose to do a

s/Grounds for inclusion/Why not in Fedora/

on the page in the wiki to make it more explicit in the hope that we
avoid the problem in the future ;-)

Cu