CVS server accessible

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Nov 2 00:30:47 CET 2007

Hey Folks. I wasn't subscribed here until now, so sorry for the
delay...

>On 30.10.2007 17:43, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The CVS server that Kevin set up is now interfaced with the FDS
> (Fedora Directory Server) for user accounts. No FAS (Fedora Account
> System) for the near future (*), but at least accounts are
> centralised in the LDAP, not the SSH keys just yet, but that should
> be trivial to do.
>
> The following users have access already :
>
> firewing
> jwrdegoede
> kwizart
> musuruan
> salimma
> scop
> thias
> thl
>
> It's accessible as follows :
>
> export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/pkgs
> cvs co rpms
>
> I'm pretty sure it won't work because some groups still need to be
> set... ah, the wonders of CVS! Kevin : Will you take care of that? Do
> we need fine grained access using extended attributes for instance?

All those folks will need to be in the cvsextras group (504).
Should I just add them locally on that machine? Or do you want to set
that as their group in FDS?

> Matthias
>
> (*) Fedora currently uses FAS1 which is considered obsolete, so it
> would be a waste of effort to implement it, and FAS2 is still being
> worked on, and nowhere near a usable state. But since we're using FDS,
> it should be easy-ish to migrate to FAS2 once it's released, then also
> to use pkgdb.

Cool.

> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :

> Just wondering: will we use one root for both free and nonfree? Or
> should we better separate them with
>
> export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/free
> and
> export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/nonfree
>
> Separating sounds like the better way if we ever start things like
> {replacements,nosrc,latestfoo,somethingstupid,whatever}.rpmfusion.org
> in the long term.

Sure, we can do that I think. Might require some mods to scripts.