CVS server accessible

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Nov 2 08:56:52 CET 2007

Hi All,

Great work on the getting the CVS server up!

Questions:

a) What are we going todo regarding F-9 release ?
I know that since livna and dribble also build all their packages for devel,
that they are pretty much ready to go.

I also know that AFAIK Matthias doesn't and its quite a bit of work for him to
get freshrpms ready.

I see 2 options:
1) Business as usual for livna and dribble, iow branch for the new release,
make an F-8 repo available. Since quite some work will need to be done for
freshrpms anyways, focus effort on rpmfusion and migrate freshrpms users
directly to rpmfusion (which will hopefully be ready for this say 10 days after
F-9 launch)

2) Draw a line for all involved repos and do not do an F-8 repo for livna /
dribble, we could add a news item saying that those livna / dribble users who
really cannot wait to move to F-8 can use the development repo's of dribble /
livna.

b) When and how can one start importing packages into CVS?

c) When and how can one build packages (once imported)?

d) What about he look a side cache, do all Sources and Patches not in CVS need
    to have working URL's?

Thanks & Regards,

Hans