CVS server accessible

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 2 09:36:20 CET 2007

On 02.11.2007 08:56, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Questions:
>
> a) What are we going todo regarding F-9 release ?

s/9/8/ I assume?

> I know that since livna and dribble also build all their packages for devel,
> that they are pretty much ready to go.
>
> I also know that AFAIK Matthias doesn't and its quite a bit of work for him to
> get freshrpms ready.

My 2 cent:

* I still hope to get cvs running soon (I don't have access to the CVS
machine, not sure what the status is). I have lots of free time tomorrow
and hope to mass-import and build the livna packages (and other SRPMS,
if somebody tells me where to find them) that are prepared for rpmfusion
(most are afaics) if it's CVS gets ready today

* users want to update from F7 to F8 -- if rpmfusion doesn't have most
of the stuff that was in the old repos by F8 release then the old repos
IMHO *must* create a F8 branch -- otherwise people run in lots of
dependency issues which creates a lot of trouble for them.

* if rpmfusion is fully ready in time I think I at least will create a
livna F-8 repo with a rpmfusion-release repo files in it

Side note: how to spread rpmfusion repos over the servers is still not
solved. Matthias, we need you input here!

> [...]
> c) When and how can one build packages (once imported)?

Not sure what problems come up when CVS is there and I switch plague to
use it -- but plague is ready for weeks now.

> d) What about he look a side cache, do all Sources and Patches not in CVS need
>     to have working URL's?

In livna they should.