How do I submit a package for review - gspca

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 3 15:37:25 CET 2007

On 28.10.2007 15:39, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> I've put together a kmod package for gspca (based on the ntfs-kmod
> package in livna) and I'd like to know how I should go about getting it
> reviewed.
>
> The spec files are at:
> http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/gspca/gspca-kmod-common.spec
> http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/gspca/gspca-kmod.spec
>
> and the src rpms are at:
> http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/gspca/gspca-kmod-1.00.18-1.2.6.22.9_91.fc7.src.rpm
> http://www.lesbg.com/jdieter/gspca/gspca-kmod-common-1.00.18-1.fc7.src.rpm

>From a quick look they look good. As it looks more and more unlikely
that we'll start rpmfusion for F8 (the machine that hosts cvs is down
right now and there are a lot of other things that are not done yet and
there is not much time left to do them) I'd say: submit them to review
to either bugzilla.livna.org or bugzilla.rpmfusion.org, I'll review
them, we'll get them into livna (either I give you a account or I'll act
as proxy) so they get tested there in the meantime until rpmfusion is ready.

> I also have no idea how to make a package that's both dkms and kmod
> (and, for that matter, no idea how to make a dkms package, though I
> could probably work it out using on of the Freshrpms packages as a
> template).

I'd say we work that out for all packages once we have rpmfusion itself
running. I'll do that, as it's IMHO way easier when one (or maybe two)
people simply take care of that for all dkms and kmod packages.

CU
thl