Fedora 3rd Party Repos

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sat Nov 3 17:21:40 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 16:50 +0100, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I've just added a page to the wiki to list many 3rd party Fedora
> repositories:
>
> http://rpmfusion.org/FedoraThirdPartyRepos
>
> I hope that it will be useful to track previous packaging attempts or to
> ask 3rd party maintainers to join RPM Fusion.

Or, at the very least, to come up with packages which would allow
multiple repo configurations to work well together. It would be nice if
all 3rd-party repos would join together to become one, but that's
unlikely to happen.

It would be nice (to start) if there could be a master database that all
3rd-party repos could consult for their packages. To see what might
conflict with what. Sort of like a distributed 3rd-party repo system.
The bittorrent / p2p app system for 3rd-party Fedora apps, as it were.
How about tacking on that proposal to the wiki and if someone with time
and skill finds it interesting ...
--

Richi Plana