Fedora 3rd Party Repos

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 3 18:16:29 CET 2007

On 03.11.2007 17:59, KH KH wrote:
> 2007/11/3, Richi Plana <myfedora at richip.dhs.org>:

> That's an aim! In my case the "kwizart" repository is targeted to be
> usable with Fedora (and/or) livna/rpmfusion. That's an "experimental"
> repository which means that packages are working but still need some
> work/testing to be submitted in Fedora or Rpmfusion

/me hopes we can have such a "experimental" repo in rpmfusion soon.

> [...]
>> It would be nice (to start) if there could be a master database that all
>> 3rd-party repos could consult for their packages. To see what might
>> conflict with what. Sort of like a distributed 3rd-party repo system.
>> The bittorrent / p2p app system for 3rd-party Fedora apps, as it were.
>> How about tacking on that proposal to the wiki and if someone with time
>> and skill finds it interesting ...
> To be sure, only Fedora officials repositories and RPMFusion will be
> compatible with the RPMFusion set of packages...

BTW, did we agree on RPM Fusion or RPMFusion? I think it was "RPM Fusion".

> Then we can have a distinction with:
> [...]
> - Repositories that do not uses rpmfusion as a dependencies and should
> work with Fedora (probably google and adobe)
> [...]

That why I actually edited the wiki already before in parallel to your
post and moved the flash repo into a special section. Andrea moved the
google repo into that section as well.

IOW: hint, it's a wiki ;-)

Cu