consider a b43-firmware package like this?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Nov 14 23:20:50 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 04:54:41PM -0500, Kelly Miller wrote:
> John W. Linville wrote:

> I know what you mean there; my laptop has a Broadcom-based wireless
> card, and I had to get the firmware.  Incidentally, did you know that
> older Broadcoms still need the stuff produced by the old
> bcm43xx-fwcutter?  Mine does, for example.

Actually, it depends on the driver.  The bcm43xx driver needs the
output of bcm43xx-fwcutter while b43 and b43legacy need the output
of b43-fwcutter.  Just to complicate things, I hacked the b43 driver
in F7 to still use the output of bcm43xx-fwcutter. :-(  F8 b43 uses
b43-fwcutter, just like upstream. :-)

FYI, I started down the patch of getting this into the official
Fedora repo.  Initially it looked good, but that was due to some
miscommunication.  Now it is in limbo again.  If it stagnates too long
(or gets rejected) I'll continue with submitting it here.  If anyone
wants an early look at the packages, they are here:

	http://linville.fedorapeople.org/

Thanks,

John
--