Problems with bsnes and libao's pulseaudio driver

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:07:19 CET 2007

Hi,

I am not sure what to do with this one. As you might know, I packaged
bsnes which is currently sitting and waiting for review. Now, I found
and issue with bsnes and libao's pulse driver, which is the default one
as of 0.8.8, which is going to hit Fedora 8 soon.
The problem is that bsnes works perfectly fine with alsa and oss
drivers, but pulse makes the PA daemon go sky high in the cpu usage, and
exit after a few seconds exhausting its cpu time limit.
byuu, bsnes author, says that libao utilisation is very simple and
should not do anything bad. On the other hand, ogg123 works fine with
pulseaudio. Any suggestions how to proceed?

Regards,
Julian