New package

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:34:30 CET 2007

2007/11/19, Tanguy Eric <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>:
> I'm the maintainer of ushare (UPnP (TM) A/V Media Server) in Fedora which use libupnp. A new version (1.1) will be out soon and this version use also a new
> lib http://libdlna.geexbox.org/ in addition of libupnp. This new lib need ffmpeg-devel. So i think i need to provide ushare with libdlna disabled in fedora.
> Make a package for libdlna in rpmfusion (what is the process for this ?)
> Make a package ushare-nonfree or something like this with libdlna enabled for inclusion in rpmfusion.
>
> What do you think about this ?
libdna seems to needs ffmpeg-devel as a mandatory BuildRequirement...
So it can be submitted into rpmfusion, (or livna for F-8  so it can go quicker).

About ushare unless the new version needs libdlna this will lead to
have ushare for Fedora and "ushare-freeworld" from livna/rpmfusion (as
I expect since it was only a binary : /usr/bin/ushare ).
Then whether the binary get replaced by a script which launch
ushare-freeworld if present or ushare-fedora  )...

Do you have some spec/SRPMS to review ?
http://bugzilla.livna.org/
or
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/