coms.xml as currently in livna breaks yum groupinstall

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 24 11:13:56 CET 2007

On 24.11.2007 09:44, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> And this is really a bug in ... yum, right?
> Is it?

Not sure.

> If you look in Pirut you will see that there is a higher level of
> sorting above groups, and in this level of sorting we put the livna
> stuff currently in different containers then Fedora itself does.

Well, pirut gets the data from the same comps file, thus it might really
be a yum bug. IOW: I'm not sure myself whom to blame.

Take a look at the section in question from the comps file (
http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/8/i386/comps.xml ) :

<group>
<id>rpmfusion_free-games</id>
<name>Games and Entertainment</name>
<description>Various ways to relax and spend your free time.</description>
<default>false</default>
<uservisible>true</uservisible>
−
	<packagelist>
<packagereq type="optional">crimson-fields</packagereq>
<packagereq type="optional">xrick</packagereq>
</packagelist>
</group>

As you can see, I gave a RPM Fusion specific ID (and group; see at the
bottom of the page), but used the same <name> as in Fedora, which IMHO
should be a valid things to do, but is the reasons for the problem.

We could work around the problem by adding " (from RPM Fusion)" to the
"<name>Games and Entertainment</name>" line. The yum would work, but
that would look ugly and redundant in pirut. Does anyone have a better
idea how to solve the issue?

I doubt filling a bug against yum will help. Fedora likely will tell us
to use the same group-id then Fedora. I'd like to avoid that, as it will
be harder for people to find RPM Fusions packages. And there are
problems in anaconda as well, as you will get packages marked as
"<packagereq type="default">" only if you unselected and reselect a group.

Cu