Please create CVS branch requests

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Oct 14 13:43:36 CEST 2007

On 14.10.2007 12:41, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 14.10.2007 10:47, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Kevin setup CVS (¹). It's mostly ready but not usable yet as it needs to
>>> be tied into the FAS, on which thias had been working on iirc.
>>>
>>> But there is one thing package maintainers can do already *now*: prepare
>>> the CVS branch requests for your packages. We'll use the
>>> Fedora-old-style format that is explained at
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure?action=recall&rev=47
>>>
>>> Put your request on http://rpmfusion.org/BranchRequests please. Once the
>>> CVS is finally ready we can just work through the queue and finally
>>> start -- that saves a bit of time.
>>>
>>> Please make sure you put your packages in the proper section -- e.g.
>>> software that is open source software according to the Fedora guidelines
>>> in the "free" section and everything else in the "nonfree" section.
>> I'm going to file branch requests for all mine.
>
> thx; just wondering: should we add links to the merged SRPMs, too? Then
> I would volunteer to import them and build then, wich should speed
> things up.

BTW, for those that are not much interested in EL but would like to see
their packages in "RPM Fusion for EL&EPEL 5" I'm heary volunteering to
be per-release-maintainer for such packages in the EL-branch as long as

* there is a owner ("primary maintainer") for the Fedora branch of
rpmfusion that for the foreseeable future takes care of the package

* the package does not contain a kernel module or depends on a package
with a kernel module (that might change later)

* the Fedora-branch maintainer promises to drop me a line or open a bug
if a new Fedora package or upstream version gets released with a
security relevant bugfix

* the Fedora-branch maintainer handles bugs reported against EPEL if the
bug is also in the package of the Fedora-branch

All the other stuff (building, adjustments for EL, get BRs into EPEL)
I'll try to take care of over the next months (help appreciated).