RPM Fusion and FAS

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Oct 16 10:33:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've spent a few hours yesterday evening trying to get the FAS (Fedora
Account System) working for RPM Fusion. It's a no-go.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fas2/

The FAS project only seems to give access to the "fas2" sources, which
is a work in progress. I thought it would be working, but even after a
lot of tweaking, no luck, and some things seem to be pretty broken (I
can't figure out why it's trying to search for users in the local
sqlite database for instance... maybe Fedora has all accounts in both
FDS and a "local" database?).

After looking again at the Fedora infrastructure running in production,
it's still the first FAS, for which I don't know if the sources are
even available, and I also saw an open infra ticket to port pkgdb to
fas2... which probably means that even if we got FAS (fas2) working
now, we couldn't yet use pkgdb with it.

*sigh*

So... well... for now I think the easiest is to cleanly (but
"manually") create the accounts in the running RPM Fusion FDS, find a
way to interface cvs+ssh to that (trivial with passwords, probably a
little more tricky with public keys which are stored in FDS), and
eventually find a way to also interface plague to that, although since
signing and pushing will probably be "manual", it's not such a big deal
if builds are also for now (IMHO), especially if a handful of different
people have access to trigger them.

I'll be creating all of the requested accounts from people I already
know and/or already have a Fedora account. Anyone somewhat more
"anonymous" will need to find a sponsor, although there's probably no
one currently in that situation.

Moving... forward... goooood :-)

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.43 0.48 0.51