todo list for the coming three weeks

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Oct 18 10:03:24 CEST 2007

On 17.10.2007 20:05, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> || '''Task''' || '''Owner''' || '''Last StatusUpdate''' || Status ||
> || Hosting || MatthiasSaou, Pix  || -- || Under discussion ||

So how about this:

- we create a mirrors.rpmfusion.org in DNS and let it point it with the
round robin fashion scheme Pix suggested to the servers from thias and
Pix; both servers for this domain just serve a small frontpage and the
static mirrorlists which are to be used in the rpmfusios repo files;
that way everything works if one of the two servers is down

- thias hosts {download,free,nofree}1.rpmfusion.org

- Pix hosts {download,free,nofree}2.rpmfusion.org

- The buildsys uploads to both download{1,2}.rpmfusion.org servers

- the mirrorlist point to {free,nofree}{1,2}.rpmfusion.org (and public
mirrors, once they are there). For browsing purposes for users we want
to have free.rpmfusion.org and nonfree.rpmfusion.org as well; I'd say
DNS points one of those two to the servers from Pix, the other one to
those from thias.

Comments?