Adobe reader (was: Re: [RPM Fusion] Update of "Wishlist" by ChristophKarl)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Oct 26 07:17:03 CEST 2007

On 25.10.2007 19:57, RPM Fusion Wiki wrote:

> The following page has been changed by ChristophKarl:
> http://rpmfusion.org/Wishlist?action=diff&rev1=12&rev2=13
>   Place your current requests here.
>   {{{
> +   Request: Acrobat Reader
> +   Grounds for inclusion: For complicated documents Acrobat Reader produces better results
> +

As much as I would like a sane Adobe reader RPM in rpmfusion, it's not
possible afaics. From
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/distribute.html
"""
Note: Third-party websites must link directly to Adobe.com for the
download of Adobe Reader software. Hosting the software independently is
not permitted.
"""

IOW: we can ship that without breaking licenses, thus we won't ship it.
Same for flash-player afaik.

If someone really wants to see it in rpmfusion feel free to ask Adobe to
get us a permission to ship it. I tried that ages ago for livna without
much success.