CVS server accessible

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Oct 30 17:43:24 CET 2007

Hi,

The CVS server that Kevin set up is now interfaced with the FDS (Fedora
Directory Server) for user accounts. No FAS (Fedora Account System) for
the near future (*), but at least accounts are centralised in the LDAP,
not the SSH keys just yet, but that should be trivial to do.

The following users have access already :

firewing
jwrdegoede
kwizart
musuruan
salimma
scop
thias
thl

It's accessible as follows :

export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/pkgs
cvs co rpms

I'm pretty sure it won't work because some groups still need to be
set... ah, the wonders of CVS! Kevin : Will you take care of that? Do
we need fine grained access using extended attributes for instance?

Matthias

(*) Fedora currently uses FAS1 which is considered obsolete, so it
would be a waste of effort to implement it, and FAS2 is still being
worked on, and nowhere near a usable state. But since we're using FDS,
it should be easy-ish to migrate to FAS2 once it's released, then also
to use pkgdb.

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.23.1-4.fc7
Load : 0.24 0.31 0.38