PLEASE READ: Import status livna, work from maintainers required

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Aug 11 22:37:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 07:01 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > [...]
> >> Again: If one of your packages is in above list and made troublem then
> >> please help getting them fixed. If you need help or have trouble
> >> accessing CVS or buildsys please ask here or in #rpmfusion on freenode. tia!
> > I'm not seeing evidence in the list for why libdvdcss and libfame are
> > missing...
>
> libfame has no owner in RPM Fusion; see
>
> http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge
> or
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-July/000607.html
>
> Quoting the latter:
>
> >   * the following Livna package have no owner in RPM Fusion; but the
> > packages are required, as other Livna/RPM Fusion packages depend on them:
>  >[...]
> > Fedora|libfame|Fast Assembly Mpeg Encoding library|???||
> > -> needed by mythtv

D'oh, whoops, missed that.

> Do you want to take it?

Not really, but taking it on is better than mythtv not being
buildable...

> About the other package. I'm not going to touch that package ever in RPM
> Fusion and I more and more agree with those people that asked not to
> ship it. So IOW: Somebody else needs to branch, import, build and sign
> that package.
>
> I'm not familiar with the matter, but all the other packages that BR
> that package in the past use another package now. Was it dvdread? Can't
> remember, but I think so; it iirc uses the package in question
> dynamically if needed.

Okay, I'll poke around some... Ah, okay, not a build dependency, just
currently set as a runtime dependency. The only thing it needs to build
against is indeed libdvdread, apparently. Will try to get this sorted
out tonight...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com