rpmfusion based spin

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 03:39:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been keep a tab on rpmfusion progress by reading the archives and
  it seems the repository is getting reading for launch soon. Congrats
on that.

My primary interest here at the moment is creating a spin based on
rpmfusion and Fedora which  Thorsten Leemhuis mentioned as desirable in
one of his earlier mails to this list.

So before I put in some effort, a few questions:

  * Is this seen as a worthwhile effort by rpmfusion contributors?

  * My primary effort would be around a live cd based on the desktop
live cd from Fedora but I would like to hear your thoughts on other
variants as well.

  * What should the package content be? Should both rpmfusion-free and
rpmfusion-nonfree repository installed by default? What are the
important packages you want to see included? Keep in mind that in the
live cd atleast, we would have to drop some existing packages to
accommodate new ones.

  * What do you want to call the spin as? My idea was that the spin name
should be different the repository name to avoid confusion and unique
identify what we are talking about easily. Does freefusion sound good?

Any other feedback is welcome as well. Finally, it would also be useful
I can get some hosting space to upload content as we test the spins.
Thanks.

Rahul