Omega 10 Preview Release

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:54:21 CET 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 04.12.2008 14:49, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> Omega is a Linux based operating system and a Fedora remix suitable
>> for desktop and laptop users. It is a installable Live CD for regular
>> PC (i686 architecture) systems.  It has all the features of Fedora 10
>> and a number of additional multimedia players and codecs.  You can
>> play any multimedia (including MP3) or commercial DVD's out of the box.
>>
>> Kickstart file is at
>> ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/spins/omega-10-desktop-livecd.ks
>
> Some *minor* comments for you consideration (maybe they can be called
> "nitpicks", but I tend to say it worth at least mentioning them once).
Noted. I found a few bugs in the compose, fixed them and the new image
is just being uploaded to the usual place. I won't be changing things
right now but If I do a recompose for any other reasons or for future
releases, I can take care of these issues.

> Okay, then we basically get all three major players. How about
> sticking to the Fedora way and just choose one app instead of
> confusing the users with multiple ones for the same task?

Yeah, thought of that but people have deep attachments to these
different players and in some cases, one video player does not play
something or plays it erratically while the other ones works fine. I run
into those issues many times to the point that I always install pretty
much everything.  Maybe, it is just me though. More feedback would be good.

Rahul