Some new documentation pages on the Wiki

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Sun Dec 14 20:45:19 CET 2008

Hi,

First of all, sorry for all the Wiki spam - I know a few of you
subscribe to all changes so as I was messing around with the page
layouts, I probably filled up your inbox with a bunch of messages.

I've added some new places on the Wiki where we can publish
documentation about packages as well as some user guides:
  * http://rpmfusion.org/Package
  * http://rpmfusion.org/Howto

The Package/PackageName pages are for individual packages, where as the
Howto/Howtoname pages are for grouped items (for example, "DVD playback"
where we could recommend installing gstreamer-plugins-ugly, totem-xine
and xine-lib-extras-nonfree) or for more complex tasks such as choosing
the right nVidia driver series for your card.

To add your own package page, follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://rpmfusion.org/Package/YourPackageName and fill in
information about the package. I haven't come up with a template yet,
but I think a good place to start is "== What is PackageName? ==" along
with sections for installing, configuring (if applicable), and
troubleshooting/FAQ.
2. At the very end of your page, add this so that it gets added to the
Package category:
----
CategoryPackage
3. The last step is to add your package to the list at
http://rpmfusion.org/Package:
  * [[Package/YourPackageName|YourPackageName]]

Adding a howto is roughly the process, but instead browse to
http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/AShortName and use "CategoryHowto" at the end
of your page instead of "CategoryPackage". You'll also need to add the
howto to the list at http://rpmfusion.org/Howto:
  * [[Howto/ShortName|A Long(er) Name]]

There's definitely room for improvement, but let me know what you think!
Stewart