RFC: staging repo

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Dec 15 10:20:40 CET 2008

On 15.12.2008 10:14, manuel wolfshant wrote:
> Andrea Musuruane wrote:
>> 2008/12/15 manuel wolfshant <wolfy at fedoraproject.org>:
>>> Sure, let me rephrase:
>>> I would prefer to have a wiki page pointing to other repositories rather
>>> than distributing ourselves unverified packages. I have seen way too many
>>> packages which do not respect our packaging rules.
>> But we already have such a page:
>> http://rpmfusion.org/FedoraThirdPartyRepos
>> Do you think it is not adequate?
> Not at all, it is just fine.

Note that that page is mentioned in the initial mail of this thread ;-)

> I just wanted to say that hosting 3rd party rpms is not a good idea.

That was never the intention. My idea was to have unreviewed packages
(or maybe: quickly reviewed, as a small and quick review likely is still
needed), that got build in out infra.

BTW, there is something I missed to mention in my initial RFC mail: Of
course only existing Fedora and RPM Fusion contributors would get access
to that repo.