RFC: staging repo

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:40:18 CET 2008

2008/12/15 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>> I don't think it is a good idea.
>
> You are free to do so. But do you have any other ideas how to get other 3rd
> party repos under the RPM Fusion hood to get rid of the repo mess that
> confuses users and results in repo mixing problems? Merging Driobble,
> Freshrpms and 99,5% or Livna was good, but IMHO way more is needed.

Let me rephrase that. I think that if we convince external repository
maintainer to drop their repo and use our infra (IMHO that is 95% of
the work), then we could easily convince them to submit their package
for review here.

Sure, more is needed, I couldn't agree more. We need those 3rd party
repo maintainers to join us like we did with the original merger. The
real question is what they are going to do. I think we can start
inviting them (or inviting them again) on this mailing list and start
discussing with them this question.

Bye,

Andrea.