gstreamer-pitfdll (was: Re: x264 and ffmpeg updates coming to rawhide)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Dec 17 12:02:40 CET 2008

On 17.12.2008 11:52, Hans de Goede wrote:
> [...]
> I've just fired of a build of the new gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.6 for devel, which
> should build fine against the new ffmpeg (verified locally). Actually, 0.10.6
> won't build against the ffmpeg in F-10, but thats not an issue 0.10.6 seems to
> contain some interesting changes, so its better left to rawhide only anyways.

While talking about gstreamer* just for everybody's information a quote
from a recent wishlist addition (
http://rpmfusion.org/Wishlist?action=diff&rev1=116&rev2=117 ):

"""
+   Request: gstreamer-pitfdll
+   Why not in Fedora: Probably because of codecs
"""

Maybe someone wants to take care of that *or* add reasons to the wiki
why it doesn't make sense to ship. I suppose the latter is needed:

http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001702.html

"""
 > gstreamer-pitfdll
[...]
I think that this one is mostly obsolete. The gstreamer-ffmpeg package
supports most (all?) of the formats this one supported. I wouldn't
import it.
"""