rpmfusion mockbuild service ?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:13:40 CET 2008

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 23:53:00 +1100, David wrote:

> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > BTW, here it poor mens scratch build for RPM Fusion: Kick of a build,
> > watch it closely and kill it once the last arch finished (and before its
> > downloaded -- if you miss that point drop me a line and I'll delete the
> > package from the needsign repo)
> Can you do this for a package you are reviewing or getting ready for
> submission, ie before it is in cvs ?

By design, Plague can build from _either_ SRPMS _or_ CVS checkouts.

It would need modifications to make it support both. One could change the
design and make it a convention, that when it runs in CVS checkout mode,
any SRPMS sent to it are built only for scratch targets.

Plague isn't Koji. And it doesn't make any sense to try to duplicate all
of koji's features. Especially not if there are concrete plans on
migrating to koji+bodhi+mash. The question is not "can it do this and
that?", but "what do we want it to do?" and "what is necessary to achieve
that?".