open-vm-tools

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jan 30 13:34:04 CET 2008

On 30.01.2008 13:10, Denis Leroy wrote:

> I've been working on a dkms-based open-vm-tools package for the past few
> days. Result is here:
>
> http://www.poolshark.org/src/dkms-open-vm-tools-0-1.2008.01.23.fc8.src.rpm
>
> Have you guys thought about how to make dkms and kmod packages coexist
> in rpmfusion ?

Still undiscussed. I still follow the line: "let's start RPM Fusion
first with the easier stuff, and then look at kmods/dkms/akmods".

> Thorsten, do you still need help with the review of the kmod
> open-vm-tools package ?

Review is not the problem -- I need someone to maintain it ;-) . I'll
take care of the kmod rebuilds for new kernels, but I don't use VMWare
anymore, that's why I don't want to maintain it myself.

Cu