Notification: Dribbles CVSsync done

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:53:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:41:29 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Sun Jun  1 18:46:17 2008, Xavier Lamien wrote:
> >
> >> List of packages which have been branched :
> >> ===================================
> >
> >> ** non-free **:
> >
> >> sidplay-libs    A software library for playing back C64 SID files
> >
> > Huh? What's the reason for not putting it into Fedora?
> >

> Unlike sidplay1 this (sidplay2) emulates an entire c64 not just the sid,
> running the actual software generating the music, not just captures of the
> writes to the sid, as such it requires c64 roms

Argh, I see it in the src.rpm that Basic/Kernal ROM are included in the
2.1 series as hex dumps (dumping the compatibility modes so RSID files
could become more widely used). Simon should not have published it under
GPL then -- this is clearly grey-area stuff. At least it has become
easier to package it now with reSID included and so on.