rpm confusion? :)

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:40:13 CEST 2008

2008/5/13 Andre Robatino <andre at bwh.harvard.edu>:
>  I've been following the rpmfusion mailing lists for weeks, and except for
>  mention of Dribble being frozen and talk of Rpmfusion going active in a
>  few days, I haven't seen anything explaining what people using
>  Livna/Freshrpms/Dribble will need to do when Rpmfusion goes active (and
>  since Livna and Freshrpms have F9 repos set up already, with mutually
>  incompatible packages as usual, and are acting as if Rpmfusion didn't
> exist,
>  people do need to know).  Even if this is explained somewhere in the
>  mailing list, it would be nice if it was clearly explained right on
>  Rpmfusion.org's home page.

I don't want to sound rude but I think that the explanation of how to
migrate will be available *when* it will be possibile to migrate and
that is after we'll have a repository.

Packages have been worked to be compatible amongst different
repository. Their status is detailed in the wiki (see the "merged?"
filed):

http://rpmfusion.org/InitialPackageMerge

Bye,

Andrea.