for users...

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 2 11:22:14 CET 2008

On 02.11.2008 00:18, Xavier Lamien wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>>> P.S.: Who will actually send out the announcement and where do we send it
>>> besides fedora-announce-list and fedora{-devel,}-list?
>> Given my new employer I won't be doing it. So I think either you are Xavier
>> should do it.
> I'm fine with that.

thx; I'd say a time somewhere around 14:00 or 15:00 UTC is likely the
best to send it out.

> we just need to be agreed about the announcement
> content before i push anything.

Well, I fine with what's in the wiki right now. If someone doesn't agree
with it then there are still 24 hours left to complain and/or enhance.

Just one more question: We had planed to send a second mail out on
thursday together with the preview announcement. I'd say we should use a
different (shorter) text for that; I can take care of that if that's
fine for everybody.

> for the 'where' question :
> fedora-{announce,devel,}-list and planet.fp.o could do the trick.

Could you please also point lwn.net, linuxtoday and others (see mail
from Rahul) to the fedora-announce-list post in the ml-archives once
it's out?