Next steps to get RPM Fusion running (V2)

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Nov 3 08:49:20 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 08:18:47AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> - get the mirror manager that adrianr put in place (see
>>> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001393.html
>>> listed as mirrors.rpmfusion.org in DNS;
>>>
>>> Needs
>>>  * adrianr: 	IP address
>>>  * thias: 	DNS update
>>
>> This has been done.
>>
>> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-9&arch=i386
>
> Thias, thx for taking care of it. Some issues:
>
> - we need something better for http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org ;-)

This should be fixed.

> - the current release files and the mirrormanager use different names
> for the repo files; Example:
> release.rpm right now has:
>     [...]?repo=rpmfusion-free-debug-f$releasever[...]
> mirror manager expects:
>     [...]?repo=free-debug-fedora$releasever[...]
> We need to change one of the two (or both).

Mirrormanager uses:

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/browser/server/mirrormanager/repomap.py

It can be changed, but I would prefer if I do not have to change it ;-)

> - back a few weeks ago you iirc said that we need to be able to adjust
> DNS quickly in case the machine goes down; that's not solved yet

No, it is not. We need a another machine running the mirrorlist which
would then get the necessary data from the main mirrormanager instance.
And in a case of a failure we need someone who can changes the DNS entry
very fast.

		Adrian