upgrade of atrpms libquicktime

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 4 14:23:48 CET 2008

Hi All,

I noticed I am not succeeding in updating libquicktime:
=====
# yum update
Loaded plugins: allowdowngrade, downloadonly, presto, refresh-packagekit
Existing lock /var/run/yum.pid: another copy is running as pid 16942.
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libquicktime.i386 0:1.0.3-3.fc9 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

  Package           Arch      Version          Repository
    Size
Updating:
  libquicktime      i386      1.0.3-3.fc9      rpmfusion-free-updates
    376 k

Transaction Summary
Install      0 Package(s)
Update       1 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total size: 376 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Downloading DeltaRPMs:
Rebuilding rpms from deltarpms
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
   file /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0.0.0 from install of
libquicktime-1.0.3-3.fc9.i386 conflicts with file from package
libquicktime0-1.0.2-22.2.fc8.i386
=====
  yum repolist
Loaded plugins: allowdowngrade, downloadonly, presto, refresh-packagekit
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
repo id              repo name                                status
fedora               Fedora 9 - i386                          enabled :
   9,897
fedora-debuginfo     Fedora 9 - i386 - Debug                  enabled :
   3,630
livna                Livna for Fedora Core 9 - i386 - Base    enabled :
     967
livna-testing        Livna for Fedora Core 9 - i386 - Testing enabled :
      50
rpmfusion-free       RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Free           enabled :
       0
rpmfusion-free-updat RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Free - Updates enabled :
     420
rpmfusion-nonfree    RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Non-Free       enabled :
       0
rpmfusion-nonfree-up RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Non-Free - Upd enabled :
     141
updates              Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates                enabled :
      10
updates-newkey       Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates Newkey         enabled :
   4,612
updates-newkey-debug Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates - Debug Newkey enabled :
   1,425
repolist: 21,152
=====
rpm -qai libquicktime\*
Name        : libquicktime                 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0.2                             Vendor: ATrpms.net
Release     : 22.2.fc8                      Build Date: Tue 19 Feb 2008
07:24:27 EST
Install Date: Mon 25 Feb 2008 19:45:05 EST      Build Host:
teufli.physik.fu-berlin.de
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM:
libquicktime-1.0.2-22.2.fc8.src.rpm
Size        : 423598                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 19 Feb 2008 07:24:33 EST, Key ID
508ce5e666534c2b
Packager    : ATrpms <http://ATrpms.net/>
URL         : http://libquicktime.sourceforge.net/
Summary     : A library for reading and writing quicktime files
Description :
libquicktime is a library for reading and writing quicktime files. It
is based on the quicktime4linux library, with many extensions.

Name        : libquicktime0                Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.0.2                             Vendor: ATrpms.net
Release     : 22.2.fc8                      Build Date: Tue 19 Feb 2008
07:24:27 EST
Install Date: Mon 25 Feb 2008 19:45:04 EST      Build Host:
teufli.physik.fu-berlin.de
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM:
libquicktime-1.0.2-22.2.fc8.src.rpm
Size        : 594784                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 19 Feb 2008 07:24:33 EST, Key ID
508ce5e666534c2b
Packager    : ATrpms <http://ATrpms.net/>
URL         : http://libquicktime.sourceforge.net/
Summary     : Shared libraries for package libquicktime
Description :
This package provides the shared libraries libquicktime.so.0* for the
package libquicktime.
Shared libraries are required at runtime for software built against
libquicktime.
Keeping shared libraries in a separate package enables their use as
forward/backward compatibility packages.
=====

I know all that info about "don't cross the beams". Is this something we
should provide, obsolete etc when a user has had atrpms and fresh or
livna active ?

[ I expect I can --nodeps the 0 version to resolve it ]

DaveT.