Next steps to get RPM Fusion running (V2)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:21:39 CET 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:40:39 +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:

> > But I think I know why: The Debug directory in
> > http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/i386/
> > was missing until yesterday, as our push script puts the debuginfo files to
> > http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/i386/os/debug
> > I created a symlink in the place where mirrormanager likely expect it to
> > be. That way the directory structure also matches the one from Fedora.
>
> Unfortunately symlinks are not good enough. Could the push
> scripts be changed so that the layout matches the one from Fedora?
> Or hardlinked files would also work...

I would advise against using too many manually created links. Better patch
the scripts to support the "os" subdir where necessary (or make the repo
paths more customisable).

The old default is

  $treeroot/$target/$basearch
  $treeroot/$target/$basearch/debug

with no "os" subdir. That matches Fedora (Updates, Test Updates, EPEL,
Extras). The "os" subdirs seems to be specific to the "releases" and
"development" trees, where the repodata path must be constructed
differently (e.g. $treeroot/$target/Everything/$basearch/os).