Configuration page is missing RHEL/CentOS configuration info

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Nov 5 13:11:39 CET 2008

On 04.11.2008 21:09, Hans de Goede wrote:

> It has been brought to my attention that the Configuration page misses
> RHEL/CentOS configuration info, as I'm not familiar with that I won't be adding
> it, but I thought it would be good to pass this remark along.

Sharp eyes will have noticed that I removed all references to the EL
repos on http://rpmfusion.org/AnnounceRepository last weekend -- I did
that because I tend to say that the EL repo is not yet really ready yet.
It mainly lacks testing; but some important packages like mplayer are
also still missing.

Even sharper eyes will have noticed that there were not even release
rpms until a few hours ago. I prepared them yesterday and they are now
in the repo. So testing the EL repos is easier now. Just use this
command to enable both the free and the nonfree repos for EL:

> rpm -ivh
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/testing/5/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-5-0.1.noarch.rpm \
> http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/testing/5/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-5-0.1.noarch.rpm

Note: That will enable RPM Fusions testing repos for now, as all
packages for EL are in there right now. Also note that you should enable
epel-testing-5, as some of the RPM Fusion packages depend on EPEL
packages that are still in testing.

HTH; have fun testing!