Using RPM Fusion In Anaconda (Was: Re: [RPM Fusion] Update of "RPMFusionInAnaconda" by sunset06)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Nov 5 14:13:52 CET 2008

On 05.11.2008 10:39, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote :
>
>>> +  1. Set Repository URL depending distribution version:
>>> +     - '''release''': http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-updates-released-9&arch=i386
>> That's quite a lot to type and easy to get wrong. I'm wondering if we
>> should set up URL aliases somewhere to make life easier for everyone
>> that wants to use RPM Fusion in anaconda.
>>
>> Example:
>> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/alias?f9u-i386-free
>> (or something like that= could redirect to
>> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-updates-released-9&arch=i386
>
> It would be near trivial to create a rewrite rule for this that works
> for everything we provide and forever (i.e. for both Fedora and EPEL and
> any version number).

Sounds very good :-)

> Something like :
> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/fedora/9/x86_64 -> the right free list

s!fedora!free/fedora/ and you get a +1 from me ;-)

> Easy to type, easy to remember, easy to copy/paste "manually" from a
> screen to a keyboard ;-)

Exactly.

> Previously, the "updates" repo has been mentioned, but for installs,
> don't we want to be providing the "os" one instead?

For F10 and later: Yes, definitely. But I don't think it's worth the
trouble to fill the "release" repos for F8 and F9 (especially as the bug
in anaconda makes enabling RPM Fusion during install not really a good
idea); but we of course can do that if we want.

> As if packages in
> the updates have been build against Fedora updates with higher library
> versions, deps will fail (I thought that was the whole point to start
> with the "os" repo then switch to the "updates" from there).

Yeah, it is. But note, some people also enabling the update repo during
install. Hence those would need to enable the updates repo from RPM
Fusion as well.

Cu