upgrade of atrpms libquicktime

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Nov 5 18:20:26 CET 2008

On 05.11.2008 16:52, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/11/5 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>>> Well, I don't think that we should unless the other repository join RPM
>>> Fusion.
>> +1
>>
>> But having a page in the wiki that mentions issues like this (and their
>> workarounds) and our reasons not to "fix" them IMHO would be a good idea.
>> Any volunteers?
>
> I did it. Please review:
> http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

My 2 cent: I think it's definitely wrong on that page -- it just scares
people there and distracts them from the main point.

Further: Some repos (like the flash-repo) should just work fine with RPM
Fusion, even without yum-priorities. But the page indirectly suggest
that people need to do what written there to get RPM Fusion running
properly. That is doing no good for us.

And what I miss is something like "please tell maintainers from 3rd
party repos to join RPM Fusion, as it's just confusing Fedora users if
they need to enable multiple, repos that might sometimes be incompatible"

Note, I didn't do any changes to the wiki, because above maybe might
just be my option. But if it's fine for everybody I'd remove that and
create something else in a different place.