using rpmfusion repo during fedora install

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 7 15:40:55 CET 2008

On 07.11.2008 15:03, David Timms wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 06.11.2008 22:13, David Timms wrote:
>>> Hi, I didn't have any luck following updated procedure:
>>> http://rpmfusion.org/RPMFusionInAnaconda
>>> Basically:
>>> 1. doesn't seem to like a mirrorlist when it appears to be entered
>>> correctly actually is picked up properly by anaconda
>> Did you switch to TTY3 or TTY4 to get an idea what might be wrong?
> It's on a vmware guest - don't know how to show the guest ttyS; i get
> the hosts ones instead. Anyone know how to view the guests ttyS ?

No idea. Note, I try to test the stuff right now as well, but for some
stupid reason the installation in a KVM guest fails with the last
package (the kernel) anaconda tries to install

>> But note, the better question would have been: Does out comps.xml have
>> the right format? But I think it has, as it works just fine with
>> stand-alone pirut (if one complies and runs the F8 version on rawhide)
> So I should continue to try and work out where the issue actually lies ?

I'd be glad, yeah. But note, I'll try to run some test myself as well; I
plan to open a bug in bugzilla.redhat.com when I had a chance to look
deeper into this.

But note, we can't be really sure our comps files is correct. But I hope
it is.

>>> - it is pretty random to try and find rpmfusion specific packages
>>> amongst the zillion other fedora packages. It could be good to have a
>>> comps group something like: Additional Software Repositories, where
>>> any additional repos '-release' package would appear.
>> Double "no" from my side:
> How about having packages appear in two places - eg under
> Applications/Sound and Video, and under a repo specific group like
> rpmfusion free or non-free?
> I think that being in multiple groups is possible ?

Yeah, it is. But I tend to say it might confuse people more then it
helps. Other options?

 > [...]
>> , hence groups like
>> "Additional Software Repositories" are just bad bad bad.
> in what group could someone expect to find the rpmfusion-free or nonfree
> -release packages.

Nowhere -- they should automatically get selected if you enable RPM
Fusion (if you enable RPM Fusion during install then you in 99,999% of
the cases want it in the installed system as well). The packages hence
are part of the "Core" group and marked as 'packagereq type="mandatory"':
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/comps/comps-f10.xml.in?root=free&view=markup

Anaconda (as far as I understand things) should install everything from
that (hidden) group automatically.

 > [...]

Cu