News page in the Wiki

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 9 17:38:50 CET 2008

On 09.11.2008 17:27, Chris Nolan wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I mostly agree. But the Wiki has one (IMHO big) advantage over a
>> (wordpress) blog: You can subscribe to a page and the information
>> comes to you by mail; you don't have to go and check yourself (or let
>> the RSS reader check) if there is something new ;-)
> There are plugins for wordpress that allow a user to signup and be
> notified by email when a new post is made. If that kind of thing floats
> your boat ;)

Well, yes, it would, but it doesn't solve the issue for lots of other
pages. Hence I started to use rss2email a lot, as the informations
automatically comes to my inbox again -- that's where at least I want it ;-)

>>> If you are interested on setting up wordpress I can help.
>> I for one have enough on my todo list already. But I'd be really glad
>> if somebody else could work on something like that.
> I'd also be happy to help host/setup a blog for rpmfusion. [...]

Sounds good.

> If FAS allows some kind of API for login/group verification then I'm
> fairly confident I can hack together a wordpress plugin that uses this
> to authenticate users.

There is a API afaics, as bugzilla, bodhi, pkdb and other services in
Fedora all can interact with FAS. So it likely shouldn't be to hard what
you want to do; maybe you can some of the infos you need on
https://fedorahosted.org/fas/ ; otherwise ask ToshioKuratomi (
abadger1999 in #fedora-devel; see also
/http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ToshioKuratomi)

HTH