Blog for rpmfusion.org

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Wed Nov 12 15:58:54 CET 2008

Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
>

>> I don't agree. The purpose of this initiative is not to post personal
>> notes, but to post "official" announcement about RPM Fusion.
>>

> For which everyone interested can add a rpmfusion category/tag to his blog
> and only post rpmfusion related stuff in there.
>
> It's what I'm doing on planet.fedoraproject.org in order not to swamp the
> planet with crappy posts of no interest.
>
> regards,
>  andreas

 From an end-user perspective it makes sense to have a rpmfusion blog
for rpmfusion news:

If an end-user wants to know something related to rpmfusion then the
first place they will look is rpmfusion.org. They do not even know who
Thorsten, Xavier, and Hans are, let alone that these people are
rpmfusion contributors and that these people may or may not have
personal blogs somewhere on the net that may or may not hold some
important information about rpmfusion that the end user is looking for.

Aggregating rpmfusion-related posts from these personal blogs is a step
in the right direction, but doesn't solve the problem. An end user
doesn't want (or even know how) to sign up to an aggregated feed to find
this news. They expect the news to be at rpmfusion.org - not scattered
around the net in various personal blogs.

Its all about putting the right information in the right place for the
end-user to find.