help needed: smplayer changed it's config dir

Sebastian Vahl deadbabylon at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 15 00:54:25 CET 2008

Hi.

I need some help before I upgrade smplayer in F9. The new version changed it's
config dir from ~/.smplayer to ~/.config/smplayer. [1] The user has to move
his old custom config manually if he wants to preserve it. Although smplayer
would start normally, the custom config of the user wouldn't be used.

So I'm not sure how I introduce this update in F9. We don't have such thinks
like bodhi and it's upgrade notifications. So what would be the best way to
inform the users that they have to manually move their config files to
preserve them? Blog it on the new rpmfusion blog? :)

Sebastian

[1] http://smplayer.berlios.de/forums/viewtopic.php?id=528