Enabling RPM Fusion during Fedora Install

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 15 18:45:47 CET 2008

On 15.11.2008 17:15, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 10:56:07AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> The page also could benefit from some screenshots. I didn't do them yet
>> as I still hope we can set up what was discussed one or two weeks ago: a
>> redirect rule on the mirrormanager servers that redirects URLs like
 >>
>> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/10/i386/
>> http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=free-fedora-10&arch=i386
>>
>> as the former IMHO is way easier to type and to remember. Adrian,
>> Oliver, would that we possible without to much work?
>
> RewriteRule ^/(free|nonfree)/(fedora|el)/(.*)/(.*)/$ http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/mirrorlist?repo=$1-$2-$3&arch=$4 [R=301,last]
>
> That should do it.

Thx

> At least for the example you have given.

Hmmm. I suppose some people will want to use the Fedora and RPM Fusion
updates repo in addition to the release repos; is that easy to do as
well? And what about development/rawhide? IOW, these three afaics should
work (nobody hopefully will enable the updates-testing repos during
install):

http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/10/i386/
http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/10/i386/
http://mirrors.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/i386/
(os s/development/rawhide/ ? Or both?)

> Now Oliver needs to also include it in his configuration.

No need to hurry. If it's to complicated that we just leave everything
as it was.

> I am, however, not sure if this is such a good idea. If we do it, we
> should maybe also convince Fedora to do it. So that the mirrorlist
> offers the same interface at Fedora and RPM Fusion.

Might be a good idea. But it's not that badly needed for Fedora, as
Fedora users normally don't have to type the URLs to enable the Fedora
repos, as they are hardcoded in anaconda. But for the updates repo it
might be a nice to have in Fedora as well.