Plus4emu now shipping ROMs in the sources

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 20:14:01 CET 2008

2008/11/16 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
> Ship the ROMs in a completely separate package that lives in nonfree? Or is
> that to much work or for some other reason not a good idea in general?

Shipping only the ROMs in nonfree would require patching plus4emu to
look for the roms in a different location. Probably not a daunting
task but it requires some work.

Anyway that doesn't solve the problem with the source package where
the ROMs are shipped. I can strip the ROMs from the source but I would
have to do it for every new release.

I foresee these possible solution:
* we move plus4emu to nonfree
* we move plus4emu to nonfree and I patch it to look for ROMs in
/usr/share/plus4emu and not .plus4emu/roms
* we ask upstream not to ship ROMs as he did before

Because there are many emulators in RPM Fusion, I'd really like to
hear other opinions. This same problem can occur again.

Thanks.

Bye,

Andrea.