suns' java leagal issues

مؤيد السعدي muayyad.alsadi at ojuba.org
Tue Nov 18 01:12:07 CET 2008

> and
>>> We build from source. this includes the jdk.

hello! I'm talking about nonfree branch of rpmfusion
that's why I'm not posting to fedora-devel
rpmfusion contains re-distributable binary only stuff like nvidia

and I hate java and I don't use it (unless when I'm forced to do that) so I
don't know what bugs does open java have and what it can't run
I have tried Sarf (http://sarf.sourceforge.net/) it's an opensource
morphology engine written on Java and it worked but I can't type Arabic in
text entry boxes and when I past them from other application it did not get
them

I'm not reporting this bug, my point is that some people needs java-sun not
java-openjdk

and we should give people the freedom to choose

can any one tell me why ? which term of the EULA ... ? that we can't
redistribute a well-packaged rpm for sun's java