the libdvdcss issue

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Nov 18 17:29:24 CET 2008

On 18.11.2008 15:43, Karel Volný wrote:
>>> I second that ... but ... who is that?
>> http://rpmfusion.org/ -> SteeringCommittee
>> http://rpmfusion.org/SteeringCommittee
>
> well, I got that page wrong
>
> "I would like to suggest the following representatives" does not
> sound so definitive

Yeah, that page (and several others) likely need some love (and several
things are no properly documented yet). And maybe we should extend the
steering committee to 5 people or something.

>> But whatever. Quoting from above page.
>>> [...] Therefore libdvdcss is being dropped. [...]
>> That is on that page for over a year now.
>
> I did not notice, sorry, my bad

Np. And just a note: my mail wasn't meant as a "shut up, it's written
there". I hope it didn't came over as such.

> I must be sleeping or what ... the second thing is that I got
> the "irrevocable" wrong; what I meant when I said I second that
> is that no single person can deny it, but looking into
> dictionary - no, I do not think that we need any unchangeable
> dogma

Yeah, you might have a point.

Cu