Hopefully a new member of the team

Conrad Meyer konrad at tylerc.org
Wed Nov 19 19:38:17 CET 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 10:32:48 am Dejan Lekic wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> > Dejan Lekic wrote:
> >
> >  OK, I am going to put packages and SPEC files somewhere on the web, and
> >
> >> add a new GIT repository (just SPEC files) and give you information
> >> where those are and how to access them. After someone reviews them (if
> >> actually RPMFusion guys want to do it) and check whether they can go
> >> into RPMFusion repository or not, I expect a feedback together with a
> >> simple,
> >> straightforward answer - YES/NO - whether my packages will go into
> >> RPMFusion or not.
> >
> > Seems to me that your perceptions may be off (or simply interpretation of
> > your statements), but... to clarify:  Neither fedora or rpmfusion is a
> > dumping ground for packages.
> >
> > Without someone to do the work and drive/maintain these (apparently !=
> > you), the answer should be obvious: NO.
> >
> > Unless, of course, someone else steps forward, to continue the work you
> > started.
> >
> > -- Rex
>
> Rex, I think you do not understand what I am saying ... I am willing to
> develop/maintain packages inside ONE repository (RPMForge). I am not saying
> to dump them here and leave. I am trying to explain why I cannot do this in
> two separate projects (Fedora main repo and RPMFusion repo) - I have no
> time for both!
> I have never said I am not going to maintain packages here (if they are
> accepted, naturally)

Sorry, the whole existence of RPM Fusion revolves around it's relation to
Fedora. We will reject packages that should be in Fedora. However, if you're
willing to answer questions when problems arise, maybe someone would be
willing to be a stand-in maintainer in Fedora once you've created packages? I
don't see how having to have two bugzilla accounts is any more work than one,
but if you package stuff that is useful and not in Fedora I don't see why
someone else can't submit it for review and maintain it.

Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>