x86-32/x86-64 builder wanted

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Nov 22 15:46:55 CET 2008

Hi all!

We have two x86 builders for x86-32 (aka i386/ix86) and x86-64 (aka
x86_64) right now. One of them (build64.livna.org) seems to mangle
packages now and then, hence I disabled it a few days ago. The other is
a VM on a big server that is a well known mirror in Germany -- hence its
admin would like to temporary shut that builder down during times of
heavy mirror load (that for example is expected for the 48 to 72 hours
following Tuesday 1500 UTC).

I'll enable build64.livna.org on Tuesday again -- hopefully it'll work
fine for those two or three days. Hopefully we can reinstall that
builder sooner or later -- maybe the problems will vanish them.

But nevertheless it seems we really could need a third x86 builder. Does
anyone have a x86_64 machine or a VM with CentOS5/RHEL5 to offer that is
24/7 on the net? It needs 10 to 15 GByte free hard disk space and a
always up2date mirror with all Fedora releases and CentOS5 -- either in
the VM (then way more hard disk space is needed) or on a separate
machine in the local network. I can take care of setting the builder and
mock up remotely once a RHEL/CentOS were installed.

Ohh, forgot: The machine and the one that offers it of course needs to
be trusted, as we don't want to have modified builders that return
packages with Trojan Horses ;-)