Introduction

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Nov 25 11:48:35 CET 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 24.11.2008 15:38, Paul Howarth wrote:
>> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>> still no go:
>>> cvs -d :ext:orion at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/nonfree co unrar
>>> ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
>>> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
>>> messages if
>>> any)
>> Does the rpmfusion cvs server run denyhosts like the Fedora one does?
>
> /me checks
>
> Yes, seems that the case. Orion, that acaics blocked you. Try again please.
>
> BTW, just in case: anonymous checkout shoul work as well.
>
>> After changing my keys and trying to check the new ones, I was
>> clobbered by denyhosts on the Fedora system and the symptoms were very
>> similar. I'm seeing the same thing as Orion with my own key that I
>> uploaded to the rpmfusion account system last week.
>
> Well, in your case it's something else: You are not sponsored for CVS
> yet. I considered hitting the sponsor button, but you IIRC don't
> maintain any packages, hence I didn't hit it. Or do you plan to help out
> anywhere? Then let me know and I'll sponsor you.

I'm happy to help out co-maintaining things (e.g. for EL) as there isn't
actually anything that I'm particularly interested in that's not already
in rpmfusion. I was going to submit an xv package originally but I think
from the wiki that there's already one there. I did struggle to find a
comprehensive list of what's available though - is there a repoview
somewhere? If there is, I think it would be worth adding a link to it
from the wiki somewhere that casual browsers might find it.

As I couldn't find one quickly, I thought of trying to check out modules
from cvs. As I'm a sponsor in Fedora I thought I may not need separately
sponsoring for rpmfusion (the wiki isn't clear on this I think), which
is evidently not the case.

Paul.