"RPM Fusion is ready for F10 announcement" for fedora-announce-list

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Nov 25 12:15:59 CET 2008

On 25.11.2008 11:19, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/11/25 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>> P.S.: I really had hoped someone else would take care of this, but seems
>> it's one more thing that somehow got onto my (already quite long) todo list
>> :-/
> Maybe we can choose an announce writer. Any volunteer?

What RPM Fusion really needs is IMHO not an announce writer. RPM Fusion
for a healthy and hopefully growing project afaics need way more people
that take care of all those "other things" that are not
"packaging/package maintenance" -- that might include working out an
announcement now and then, but also includes thinks like

- infrastructure (that is a whole big field with lots of sub-points I
won't list here; dep-checker script is one example)
- make sure things are documented properly
- keep the wiki in shape
- make sure people get answers to their questions
- solve problems where they show up
- help new packers into the project
- try to convince 3rd part repos to join us

...and likely hundreds of other things I forget right now.