Can preupgrade 9->10 use rpmfusion?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:23:44 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> Op dinsdag 25-11-2008 om 13:49 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Neal
>
> Becker:
> > I'm trying preupgrade 9->10.  Lots of dep problems because preupgrade
> > doesn't know about rpmfusion.
> >
> > Any way to teach preupgrade to pick up rpmfusion?
>
> Hi,
>
> A few days ago I've did a preupgrade from F-9 to F-10. In the original
> F-9 installation, several gstreamer packages from RPMFusion were
> installed. During preupgrade, I saw some depsolving errors regarding
> these gstreamer packages, but those were only displayed in the console.
> The preupgrade GUI didn't care about these broken packages and the
> upgrade went on without any problems. IIRC, the RPMFusion gstreamer
> packages for F-10 got installed as an update the first time I logged in
> to the F-10 environment.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Pienbroek

I see a bunch of messages in the console.  Example:
 --> Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.13()(64bit) is needed by package vlc-
core-0.9.6-1.fc9.x86_64 (installed)

I'm assuming preupgrade won't use rpmfusion sources (i.e., it doesn't pay
attention to my usual yum sources) and hopefully things will be fixed after
updating to f10.  I just hope it doesn't _remove_ all my optional packages
that it can't depsolve.