transcode for EL-5

David Juran david at juran.se
Fri Nov 28 09:03:49 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 22:46 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On Sun, November 23, 2008 4:44 am, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > * transcode needs ImageMagick-devel as BR. That is not yet in EPEL.
> > Orion, could you take care of that?
>
> ImageMagick is in the base, but an old version.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with the old version, it's
just that the newer version split up libMagick into libMagicWand and
libMagicCore. And I was too lazy to do a patch that detected which
variant was installed so I patched transcode to use the new naming
scheme and put in a requirement for it. If you drop both the requirement
and the patch, it should work with the old version (-:

> > Further please note that David Juran (transcode maintainer in RPM
> > Fusion) said he wanted to take care of all his packages for EL as well,
> > "as long as the dependencies are there":
> > http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-August/000792.html

But then real-life came in between... And now I will be moving flats and
will have very little time to spare all through December )-:

> > Orion, so getting the dependencies into EPEL/RPM Fusion might be all you
> > need to do ;-) But maybe you want to become co-maintainer for EL?
>
> Happy to be.

Welcome (-:

/David